With the pledge of the Cowboy Dressage handshake and our word, we promise:
- We will continue to educate and promote, as much as possible, to develop all formats of Cowboy Dressage.
- To keep Cowboy Dressage simple and uncomplicated.
- We will provide Cowboy Dressage tests, rules and information to everyone interested.
- We will support and educate individuals outside the show ring who want to learn and improve as horsemen and woman.
- We will strive to maintain Cowboy Dressage as a grassroots community focused movement, where everybody is welcome in spite of race, language culture or sexual orientation.
- We will strive to ensure that Cowboy Dressage is as accessible as possible to everyone, regardless of their income or status within the horse world. Whether they show, trail ride, barrel race, rein or just love horses, this is the place they can hang their hats and be proud to participate in the “cowboy way”.
- We will look for and encourage the “try” in you as Cowboy Dressage members.
With your Cowboy Dressage Pledge, your handshake and your word you promise:
- To be a person other can trust with a handshake and your word. When you make a promise, keep it in the traditional Cowboy way.
- To exemplify the Cowboy Dressage way of life and live each day with the courage to chase your dreams.
- Do what have to be done and finish what you start, do not be defeated when faced with setbacks in your life and horsemanship.
- Treat all horses and people with respect and kindness, despite their race, language culture or sexual orientation.
- Look for the “try” in your horse and always reward him.
- Look for and acknowledge the “try” in people as you travel down your horsemanship path.
- Ride for the Cowboy Dressage Brand and refrain from negative and hurtful comments, especially on social media.
- Build rather than break down, treat others as you would want to be treated.
- To uphold the principles of the Cowboy: Integrity, purpose, attitude and perseverance (grit).
Cowboy Dressage World South African participant